NIFHA is the representative body for housing associations in Northern Ireland. It is governed by the housing associations in its membership. Each member association has equal voting power in General Meetings .
Alan Shannon, (pictured right) former DSD Permanent Secretary, is NIFHA’s Chair with John McLean, Chief Executive of Fold, taking on the role of Vice-Chair.
The full board comprises:
- Alan Shannon, Chair
- John McLean, Fold Housing Association, Vice-Chair
- Peter Caldwell, board member, Apex Housing & NILGOSC
- David Duly, Chief Executive, Independent
- Tony Kennedy, Choice Housing Association
- Carol Kinkead, Independent
- Clare McCarty, Chief Executive, Clanmil Housing
- Billy McCreight, Chief Executive, Craigowen Housing Association
- John McPeake, Chief Executive, Helm Housing Association
- Jenny Muir, Independent
NIFHA’s board is supported by a number of operational committees which deal with specific aspects of our work. These are the Business Committee, which deals with financial and operational maters in NIFHA; the Policy & Communications Committee, which guides the team on policy matters and in relaon to lobbying and influencing; and, the Community Investment Committee, which directs the activities of NIHACT, NIFHA’s charitable arm.
Watch ‘The Importance of Good Governance’ by David Orr, Chief Executive, National Housing Federation