PART OF THE CHOICE HOUSING IRELAND LIMITED GROUP
Choice is the largest ‘profit for a purpose’ Housing Association in Northern Ireland and one of the leading social enterprises on the island. We currently serve over 11,000 households and work in partnership with government and like-minded organisations to tackle housing need.
The Group now seeks to appoint a Maintenance Engineer (Roofer) to help establish and grow a new direct service organisation, the first of its kind in Northern Ireland. Operating as a wholly owned subsidiary, Choice Services will initially focus on the provision of response repair services to a third of our stock, based largely in the Greater Belfast area. The objective is to deliver enhanced customer satisfaction and to drive better value for money for our stakeholders.
Maintenance Engineer (Roofer)
40 hours per week
Circa £11 per hour
Job Ref: CS/MER/9900/1217
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of experience in the delivery of building maintenance \ roofing services on Tile & Slate Pitched Roofs including renewal of felt & battens, rain water goods, hip, valley & ridge pointing and replacement, lead works, installation of roof vents & roof lights and flat roof works.
- A time served Roofer.
- Able to use a PDA/smartphone/mobile working device.
- Evidence of delivering high levels of customer service.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Current valid driving licence.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the social housing sector.
We have an on-going requirement for Maintenance Engineers (Roofers)
For full person specification and job description, please refer to the application pack which can be accessed below or requested by telephoning: 028 9044 1301 quoting the job reference number.
Please note, Choice reserves the right to create a reserve list following the interview process.
NB: The panel may enhance the criteria in order to facilitate short-listing of the post.
“Choice Housing Ireland Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer”.