Free workshop on Friday, 23rd February, 1-4pm at NIFHA, 6c Citylink Business Park, Belfast, BT12 4HQ.
Universal Credit replaces several means-tested benefits including Housing Benefit. As Housing Benefit makes up much of a housing association’s income, it is therefore important that the operational aspects of this new benefit are understood.
NIFHA and Supporting Communities are holding a free workshop for front-line staff that provides an overview of Universal Credit and how it will impact on housing management practices. This workshop will include:
- An overview of Universal Credit
- Universal Credit and your role
- Digital Inclusion
- Supporting tenants to set up an email account
- Uploading documents to the UC portal
- Using Verify
- Protecting tenants against scams
- Available Support for Tenants
- Introduction to Rate Rebate
Spaces to this workshop are limited so it is advised to book your place by email as soon as possible.