NIFHA Press Room
Helm Housing Association Appoints Seven New Board Members
Tuesday 3 April 2012Following a review of the organisation's Board of Management, Helm Housing Association has appointed seven new board members. The individuals bring with them an extensive range of experience and skills that will assist Helm Housing Association in fulfilling its objective of providing high quality social housing to clients across Northern Ireland.
Welcoming the new board members David Moore, Group Chairman, Helm Housing Association said:
“Helm Housing has appointed a dedicated review team to implement a comprehensive improvement programme to resolve the issues identified in the Department for Social Development (DSD)’s ‘Inspection of Helm Housing Association – Round 2 Final Report’.
“As part of this process significant changes to Helm’s senior management team have been made and its Board of Management reviewed and refreshed.
"I am delighted to welcome our seven new board members. Each of these individuals brings with them a unique skill set, specialist knowledge and expertise of a wide range of business disciplines, which the Association will be able to draw upon as it moves forward.”
Mr Moore added:
“Helm Housing is committed to implementing organisational procedures and policies that are in line with industry ‘best practice’ and all board members will be provided with a comprehensive training programme to assist them in fulfilling the Board’s role and responsibilities."
The new board members are:
- Liz Cuddy, Chief Executive of Extern and Extern Ireland;
- Tony Bowron, Chair of the RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) Affordable Housing Policy and Supply Group;
- Wayne Morris, Chief Executive of Spectrum Housing Group;
- Jennifer Donald, Head of Policy and Public Affairs for the Chartered Institute of Housing in Northern Ireland;
- Patrick McClughan, Commercial Manager, Gaelectric Developments Ltd;
- Conor Mulligan, Managing Director of Lagan Homes Ltd and chairman of the Construction Employers Federation’s Private Housing Committee; and
- Joanne Jennings, Director of Insight Consulting.
Once the reorganisation of Helm’s Board of Management is complete there will be a total of nine members.
Helm Housing (www.helmhousing.org) provides over 5,000 tenants throughout Northern Ireland with affordable and high quality service and accommodation.
For all media enquiries please contact
Janet McKay, PR Consultant
M: 079 6881 7514