- Developing Social Housing Policy in NI
- Consultation Responses from NIFHA
- Policy & Practice
- Supporting People
- Equality And Diversity
Research provides the foundation on which housing strategy and policy can be built.
The NI Federation of Housing Associations develops and circulates high quality research which:
- facilitates an understanding of the role and purpose of social housing within today’s rapidly changing society;
- helps in the formulation of policy and housing associations' positioning regarding social housing in NI;
- supports members as they seek to improve their standards and services; and
- clarifies issues that directly address the needs of housing association tenants.
NIFHA has funded vital research which has contributed greatly to the housing debate on issues such as the House Sales Policy, Affordability Review and Introductory Tenancies.
NIFHA actively promotes findings from research undertaken so it can impact on both policy and practice for housing associations and local government. The Housing Research and Policy department has also carried out small scale research projects commissioned by members to assist them in presenting recommendations to government and obtaining funding.
The main research resources at NIFHA are the NICORE (New Lettings & Re-Lets of all Housing Association Stock) and Property (Stock) Databases.
If you would like further information on NICORE and/or the Property Database, please contact NIFHA’s Research Officer. Email: Sharon Jeffers or telephone 028 9023 0446.
|NICORE||Property Database||Current Research||Statistics|