NIFHA is the representative body for housing associations in Northern Ireland. It is governed by the housing associations in its membership. Each member association has equal voting power in General Meetings.
Dr John McPeake, a former Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive , is NIFHA’s Chair with Mark Graham, Chief Executive of Co-Ownership in the role of Vice-Chair.
The full board comprises:
- Dr John McPeake, Chair
- Mark Graham, Co-Ownership, Vice-Chair
- Peter Caldwell, board member, Apex Housing & NILGOSC
- David Duly, Independent
- Carol Kinkead, Independent
- Clare McCarty, Chief Executive, Clanmil Housing
- Hazel Bell, Choice Housing
- Darren McKinney, Habinteg Housing
- John McLean
NIFHA’s board is supported by two of operational committees which deal with specific aspects of our work. These are the Business Committee, which deals with financial and operational matters in NIFHA; which guides the team on policy matters and in relation to lobbying and influencing; and, the Community Investment Committee, which directs the activities of NIHACT, NIFHA’s charitable arm.