Abbey field and Wesley is a charity which provides a range of housing for older people and requires the following:
Abbeyfield & Wesley have an excellent opportunity for a confident, self-motivated administrator, located at our Palmerston Care Home in East Belfast.
Reporting to the Care Home Manager the administrator will manage all administration of the care home and provide administrative support to the Care Home Manager and senior care worker team.
- Reception duties, including welcoming & looking after visitors
- Maintain accurate records in relation to the management of the care home to include records relating to resident movements and occupancy; recruitment of staff; employment records(including annual and sick leave); staff training records; financial records
- Respond to requests for information from existing and prospective residents, Abbeyfield & Wesley staff, volunteers and external agencies
- Administrative tasks as required to support the care home manager to include taking messages; gathering/disseminating information; dealing with correspondence and writing letters; taking notes and producing minutes of meetings
- Assist with the co-ordination and administration of repairs and maintenance including logging job requests, ordering small repairs, and liaising with local staff
- Develop and maintain well organised administration and filing systems
- Maintain adequate supplies of stationery, forms, promotional literature/brochures, uniforms and badges, and order/print replacement supplies when needed
- General office duties to ensure the smooth running of the care home
- 2 years administrative experience
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel and e-mail
- Experience of working with established office procedures and systems
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-motivated
- Good organisational skills
- Working with older people
- Experience in a registered care home setting
- Full-time (37.5 hrs per week)
- Salary: £17,000
- 25 days annual leave plus 11 statutory holiday days.
- Beneden Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Scheme – employer contribution of 3%
This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period & Enhanced Access NI Check.
Abbeyfield & Wesley welcomes applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability. The information requested in this form is to enable us to obtain a rounded picture of you. Personal information will not of itself be used to disqualify your application.
This post involves substantial access to vulnerable adults and children, therefore, as part of the selection process, Abbeyfield & Wesley requires an Enhanced Disclosure Check to be carried out through Access NI. Following interview, the preferred candidate will be offered the post subject to satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check. This will include verification of identity and a report on the preferred candidate’s full criminal history (including spent and unspent convictions), cautions, disqualifications from regulated or care positions, and any other material considered by the police to be relevant to the position applied for. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position (if you require further information please request a copy of the Abbeyfield & Wesley Policy on Recruitment of those with a Criminal Record. You can access further information and the Access NI Code of Practice on https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/accessni-code-practice)
Closing Date for all applications will be Friday 23rd August 2019