Hays Recruitment have partnered with Grove Housing Association as they seek to appoint a General Manager.
Since its formation in 1976, Grove Housing Association has been committed to providing improved social housing in the York Road and Shore Road area of Belfast with a simple stated purpose “to provide quality affordable homes in the Grove area and dedicated to improving the quality and standard of life as an integral part of the community.”
The current housing stock totals 218 dwellings. This includes 140 houses that have been constructed since 2000, 27 dwellings built in the mid 1980’s as well as 40 pre-1914 terraces which have been subject to major repairs or re-improvement. A few dwellings of intermediate age have also been purchased.
Reporting directly to the Board, you will have responsibility for the leadership and operational performance of the Housing Association, within the strategy and policy framework agreed by the Board.
You will report to the Board and work closely with the Chair to lead the executive staff team to ensure that the organisation’s strategic vision, business plan, and goals are delivered to tenants and residents. You will ensure that:
A strong and up to date governance framework is maintained at all times;
The Housing Association is well positioned externally and able to influence regional policy on housing and environmental sustainability effectively.
To be considered for this position, you should possess the following experience and skills:
- Degree level education or equivalent;
- At least three years working at a senior position within the housing sector;
- Experience of strategic planning;
- Experience of reporting to and working with boards;
- Experience of leading a regulated organisation;
- Good understanding of the issues facing social housing communities;
- Experience of leading and motivating staff teams;
- Collaborative working within an organisation and with external stakeholders;
- Strong financial literacy, able to understand and interpret housing association accounts with proven experience in managing project budgets and schedules;
- Strong oral and written communicator, with ability to adapt messages for different audiences;
- Strong networker, bringing an established network of contacts and having the ability to build on this;
- Able to represent Grove confidently and expertly in public and or high-level meetings.
For a confidential discussion and further information on this role, please contact Andrew McLarnon on 02890 446900.