Abbeyfield & Wesley is a charity which provides a range of housing for older people and requires the following:
Housing and Support Manager
Abbeyfield & Wesley has an exciting opportunity for a confident, caring Housing & Support Manager who has a passion for improving the lives of older people.
Reporting to the Regional Housing & Support Manager, the postholder will manage a multi-site portfolio, supporting residents to live as independently as possible and ensuring the support team works effectively.
The postholder will be based in the head office in Carrickfergus although will work mainly in the houses and schemes in the North Down area.
- Support staff teams in the houses and schemes to maximise the quality of life of residents and tenants, and encourage resident participation
- Manage staff within the houses and schemes, including organising rotas, timesheets etc
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators, Quality Assessment criteria and relevant regulations are met, including monitoring the Support Plan process
- Actively seek applicants and take decisions about allocations so that accommodation is let appropriately to the highest priority applicants and void targets are met
- Effectively manage communication within the area
- Liaise with external housing and health & social care professionals
- Raise the profile of Abbeyfield in the area
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, supported housing/health & social care environment/older people
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to manage own workload
- Understanding support needs of older people
- A full current driving licence and access to a car
- Degree level qualification, preferably in housing studies, social work or care
- Experience, or knowledge of, resident or community engagement
- Experience of developing older people services
- Membership of a professional housing body eg Chartered Institute of Housing
- Salary: £27,220
- 25 days annual leave plus 11 statutory holiday’s days
- Beneden Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Scheme – employer contribution of 3%
This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period & Access NI Check.
This post is for 5 days (37.5 hours per week), however a 4 day (30 hours per week) appointment may be considered.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria of this role to email@example.com
If you have any queries please contact Claire Thomas on 02893363558 or via the email above.
Closing Date for all applications will be Monday 20th May 2019
Abbeyfield & Wesley welcomes applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability. The information requested in this form is to enable us to obtain a rounded picture of you. Personal information will not of itself be used to disqualify your application.
This post involves substantial access to vulnerable adults and children, therefore, as part of the selection process, Abbeyfield & Wesley requires an Enhanced Disclosure Check to be carried out through Access NI. Following interview, the preferred candidate will be offered the post subject to satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check. This will include verification of identity and a report on the preferred candidate’s full criminal history (including spent and unspent convictions), cautions, disqualifications from regulated or care positions, and any other material considered by the police to be relevant to the position applied for. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position (if you require further information please request a copy of the Abbeyfield & Wesley Policy on Recruitment of those with a Criminal Record. You can access further information and the Access NI Code of Practice on https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/accessni-code-practice)