The Northern Ireland Federation of Housing Associations (NIFHA) is looking for a Policy & Practice Officer to lead the development of policy and good practice across a number of important policy areas such as welfare reform, provision of supported housing and general housing management. This will involve communicating new policy and practice to NIFHA members, seeking their views and input, developing and promoting new resources and working with members to establish new partnerships that support the delivery of key objectives for housing associations and government.
You will be able to plan and manage projects in support of key policy areas and secure buy-in from housing associations and other partners. You will establish good working relationships with colleagues in housing associations to understand their needs and develop responsive practice solutions.
The Northern Ireland Federation of Housing Associations (NIFHA) is the representative body for 20 housing associations providing new social and affordable housing in Northern Ireland.
Our job is to lobby for a better policy and funding environment that enables our members to deliver great homes and thriving communities. We also provide an increasing range of services to support good practice and business improvement across the sector.
- You will have experience of working with clients and/or the delivery of frontline services to clients and/or in a team supporting the delivery of frontline services
- Knowledge and general awareness of national, regional and local issues relevant to the social housing sector
- You will have experience of developing standards and/or developing resources and promoting policy and good practice in support of standards
- You will be a self-starter and able to develop and lead projects with minimal supervision
- You will be able to produce high-quality written reports, briefings, practice resources and web content
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in building and maintaining new relationships across the housing association sector and with other stakeholders
- You will be confident in making engaging presentations at meetings and events
- You will be able to work across teams to deliver shared outcomes
- You will be familiar with and confident in using a range of IT packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and WordPress
- You will have a valid driving licence or have access to transportation
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter showing how they meet the criteria.