To provide an effective housing management service designed to meet the needs of our vulnerable tenants we support and the properties they live in, ensuring that a tailored tenancy support service is delivered. To increase support and meaningful contact with our tenants and develop relationships within the communities we operate in.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide innovative practical support to tenants and signpost them to appropriate support agencies as necessary.
- To undertake visits to tenants providing a support service for issues raised and obtaining a suitable outcome through an agreed action plan.
- To signpost and support tenants in relation to issues impacting them and their tenancy with the Association.
- To assist and support tenants with regards to welfare benefits, budgeting and money management to maximise their income, manage their finances effectively, reduce debt and tenancy sustainment by directing them to the relevant support agency.
- To develop opportunities for partnership working for the benefit of tenants and communities.
- To assist and support Tenant Representatives and Tenant Groups at scheme / community level with agreed initiatives.
- To organise and co-ordinate tenant events / activities for community development / enhancement.
- Prepare reports following events, assess success of event against intended outcomes and detail learning objectives.
- Organise and implement Tenant Groups / Tenants Forum to encourage positive tenant participation within the Association in all areas of service delivery.
- Supply regular information regarding tenant activities and community development for use on Association’s website and published literature.
- Liaise with Housing Staff in the management of anti-social behaviour/complaints to assist in the satisfactory resolution of these and develop pathways to prevent further instances of issues.
- To maintain accurate records with regard to Tenancy Support and Engagement.
- To adhere to the Tenants Charter to provide an efficient, effective and professional service to all of the Association’s tenants.
- To encourage, increase and facilitate all levels of Tenant Engagement within the Association’s housing stock.
- To be compliant with the Association’s Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure that the provision of services is compliant with Data Protection Regulations.
- To embrace and participate in own personal development initiatives, identify training opportunities, in order to increase skills and knowledge and ensure that objectives and performance targets are achieved.
To undertake any other tasks and duties within the scope and grade of the post.
Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
South Ulster Housing Association
18-22 Carlton Street
Applications should be received by 4.00pm on 15 November 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
South Ulster Housing Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer