Ark Housing Association has again been recognised for its health and safety performance by winning a prestigious International Safety Award for an unprecedented seventh consecutive year. The award was made by one of the world’s leading advocates of workplace health and safety, the British Safety Council.
The award acknowledges the commitment that winners have made to improving corporate health and safety. With over 500 applications from across the world, the win is a true testament to Ark Housing’s dedication to the health and safety of its workforce.
Commenting on the award, Ark Housing’s Chief Executive Tony Ruddy stated: “This is an outstanding achievement for us and will help us on our journey to becoming an exemplar organisation in health safety. It is a tribute to the hard work of everyone involved in managing and delivering on our health, safety and welfare strategy. None of this would have been possible without the commitment of the Board, management and all our staff and I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to everyone involved in winning this prestigious award. It is unprecedented in the Housing Association sector and I hope that others will see the benefits of working together to ensure that we can provide a safe and healthy environment for our staff and customers alike”.
Alex Botha, Chief Executive of the British Safety Council, congratulated Ark Housing on its success: “On behalf of the Trustees and staff of the British Safety Council we warmly congratulate Ark Housing and its employees on gaining an International Safety Award with merit. This award recognises their dedication and commitment in preventing injury and ill health in the workplace. It was also apparent that applicants recognise that getting health and safety right is a business enabler. We are proud of our association with Ark Housing and their commitment to keeping their employees and workplaces healthy and safe. Our congratulations.”
Contact: Sunita Chada, Corporate Services Officer, Ark Housing Association, Units 17/18, North City Business Centre, Duncairn Gardens, Belfast, BT15 2GG
About Ark Housing
- Ark Housing is a registered housing association with the Department for Social Development (DSD) and the Industrial & Provident Society Registrar (IPS).
- We provide social rented accommodation throughout Northern Ireland for families, elderly, people with disabilities, singles and others in housing need.
- Working with our partners, we provide housing and support services to people recovering from mental illness, those with learning difficulties and homeless families.
- We are a registered charity and ‘not for profit’ organisation.
- We are the only housing association in Northern Ireland to own, manage and directly deliver support services to homeless families at our centres in Belfast
About the British Safety Council
- The British Safety Council is one of the world’s leading advocates of workplace health and safety. Their vision is that no one should be killed, injured or made ill by their work.
- Each year, the British Safety Council invites both member and non-member organisations to apply for an International Safety Award. The award recognises commitment to good health and safety management. More than 500 entries are received each year and are adjudicated by an independent panel of chartered health and safety professionals.
- Further information on the British Safety Council can be obtained from www.britsafe.org