Roseville House, managed by Ark Housing, has held its annual Good Neighbours Day.
As a homeless family centre in South Belfast, Roseville House hosts many families from around the world. This event provides an excellent opportunity for residents, staff, neighbours and friends to celebrate the rich diversity of cultures and backgrounds within the local community.
Many of the residents prepared their traditional dishes for everyone to share and enjoy and later reflected on the life experiences which had brought them to Northern Ireland.
Ark Housing was delighted that many of the partner organisations, who work in conjunction with the Homeless Support Team, were able to attend this special day. Special thanks go to the PSNI Community Officers, Barnardos, Gems and Simon Community staff.
Also welcome were residents from Greenvale House and Rossmore Park, who enjoyed the craic, food and the unusually warm weather.
Commenting on the event Kelly Foster Scheme Manager said:
“Ark Housing organises many community events throughout the year, however the Roseville House Good Neighbours Day surpasses all others in terms of the richness of the cultural diversity that it celebrates. We are proud that this event is now a firm fixture on our annual calendar. We had a great day and the hot temperatures proved to be an added bonus!”
Notes to Editors
About Ark Housing
- Ark Housing is a registered housing association with the Department for Social Development (DSD) and the Industrial & Provident Society Registrar (IPS).
- We provide social rented accommodation throughout Northern Ireland for families, elderly, people with disabilities, singles and others in housing need.
- Working with our partners, we provide housing and support services to people recovering from mental illness, those with learning difficulties and homeless families.
- We are a registered charity and ‘not for profit’ organisation.
- We are the only housing association in Northern Ireland to own, manage and directly deliver support services to homeless families at our family centres in Belfast.