The Information Commissioner’s Office will deliver a free briefing for NIFHA members on GDPR for Housing Associations next Tuesday, 20th March, 10am-12noon.
Specifically tailored for housing associations, the ICO session will provide essential information such as:
- What data / privacy notices should staff give tenants when signing them on as new tenants?
- What data / privacy notices should staff give existing tenants?
- What security measures should be in place when data is being exchanged with third parties?
- How does GDPR differ from current data protection legislation in relation to obtaining permission to contact people?
- What guidance is available in relation to ensuring records management and retention policy comply with GDPR?
- What safeguards should be in place regarding websites, especially where forms are filled in with personal data?
- How will GDPR affect consent in relation to photographs and videos, including photos and footage taken before the introduction of GDPR?
- What are the potential penalties and implications for non-compliance, taking into account that housing associations are registered charities?
We hope you will join us at the NIFHA office, 6c Citylink Business Park, Albert Street, Belfast, BT12 4HQ.