Don’t miss out! This year’s Development & Asset Management Conference and Suppliers Exhibition takes place on Thursday, 13th June at Riddel Hall, Stranmillis Road, Belfast.
Attendees at this event will learn from a range of the experts on the most topical issues in social and affordable housing development, asset management and procurement.
This annual event for Development and Asset Management teams across the local social housing network, and further afield, is also a popular event for suppliers to the sector to showcase their products and services to those seeking new solutions to their current house building and maintenance issues.
The Development and Asset Management Exhibition offers a unique opportunity to engage and do business with key decision makers in the social and affordable housing sector across development, asset management and procurement.
Business journalist Jamie Delargy returns as conference chair, while we once again welcome a great selection of speakers on the most pressing development issues facing the sector. They include:
· Louise Dunlop, Head of Care, Loretto Care
– An ageing population: problem or opportunity?
· Richard Ramsey, Chief Economist, Ulster Bank
– What’s impacting on the housing sector?
· John Hughes, Group Development Director, Notting Hill Genesis
– The challenges that city centre social housing development bring to the social landlord
· Adrian Kerr, Director, Mills Selig
– Getting the legals right: what matters to contractors, developers and funders; avoiding pitfalls
· David McNeice, Senior Associate, DWF Law
– Correct uses and contract options for the NEC3
· Andrew Speake, National Technical Director, AICO
– Regulations for risk assessment and fire safety management
· Stephen MacKenzie, Head of Fire Safety, Lambeth Council
– Fire Safety – foundations and futures
· Angela Gracey-Roger, Energy Savings Trust
– Achieving energy efficiency in existing homes to prevent fuel poverty
· Dan Gray, Property Director, Aspire Housing
– Bridging the Gap – the role of shared ownership in mixed tenure housing
· Kevin McSorley, Head of Radius Connect 24
– The future of technology enabled independent living
· Andy Wallhead, Investment Director, WDH
– Mixed tenure: combating deprivation and delivering sustainable communities
· Brian Rankin, Choice Housing
– What Choice has done to achieve energy efficient building
· Sheron Carter, Habinteg UK
– Wheelchair accessible homes: are standards and regulations meeting the needs?
· Derek McCallan, Chief Executive, NILGA
– How to make housing work in Local Development Plans and Community Planning
· Fiona Cormican, New Business Director, Clúid Housing
– Creating sustainable communities through place based regeneration and development
NIFHA is grateful for the support of Ulster Bank, our Gold Sponsor, and AICO, our Silver Sponsor, for this event.
We also gratefully acknowledge the support of our Media Partner, 24 Housing.