Don’t miss the truly exceptional line-up of speakers at the NIFHA 2019 Annual Conference on 3-4 October at the City Hotel, L/Derry.
Wendy Austin returns as conference chair.
Guest speakers include:
- Jon Lord, OBE, Chair, Greater Manchester Housing Providers and Chief Executive of Bolton at Home, on GMHP’s ‘Our Ambition to Deliver’ campaign
- Peter Roberts, Chair, NI Housing Executive and John McPeake, Chair, NIFHA launching Benefits to Society NI
- Tracy Meharg, Permanent Secretary, Dept. for Communities, on Maximising the impact of the Social Housing Development Programme
- Laura Bradley, Resident Scrutiny and Involvement, Optivo on Putting residents at the heart of decision making
- Andrew Johnson, Lead, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing’s Together with Tenants and Members Project, on The benefits of giving tenants a voice at the top table
- Katie Dalton, Director, Cymorth Cymru, on The SP business case illustrated in Wales
- Tom Murtha, former Chief Executive, Midland Heart, on From social housing to homeless to social housing CEO – personal reflections
- Kirsty Wells, Head of Devolved Nations, Housemark, on How NI housing associations are delivering value for money
- Andree McNee, Principal Planning Officer, Derry City and Strabane Council, on Can councils and developers work better to deliver new housing?
- Anthony Carleton, Director of Local Government and Housing Regulation, Dept. for Communities, on From the Regulator’s perspective
- Jaclyn Richardson, Regulatory Manager, Dept. for Communities, on Is your housing association led and controlled by your Board?
- Cameron Watt, Chief Executive, Alpha Housing, on How benchmarking can deliver value for money and business improvement
- Nick Murphy, Chief Executive, Nottingham City Homes on How effective relationship building broke down walls to build walls in Nottingham
- Ceri Victory-Rowe, Senior Consultant – Governance team, Campbell Tickell on The role of the board
- Kerry Logan, Welfare Reform Policy Officer, Housing Rights, on The reforms to welfare- the road travelled and road to go
- Sheenagh McNally, Head of Corporate Services, Supporting Communities, on How positive action and engagement are building stronger communities
- Aidan Campbell, Policy & Public Affairs Officer, Rural Community Network,on Are we delivering the right urban/rural mix?
- Kieran Colgan, Regional Director, Ark Consultancy, on Is there something I should know?
- Barry Nay, Interim Head of the Strategic Client, NI Water, on No Water, No Housing
- Laura Wood, Invisible Creations, on Innovative approaches to supporting tenants
- Carl Whyte, Partner, MW Advocate, on Managing and minimising reputational risk
- Deborah Donnelly, Chair, Ark Housing; John McLean, Chief Executive, Radius; and Anthony Kerr, Chief Executive, Newington Housing, on The changing roles of housing association boards and executive teams
This is the annual highlight of the NI Housing Association sector’s calendar.
LEARN from the experts in social and affordable housing across the UK.
Be INSPIRED, make new CONTACTS and build RELATIONSHIPS across the sector.
Who should attend?
If you are a senior professional working with the social housing sector across these islands or if you are a service provider working in partnership with housing associations in Northern Ireland, then NIFHA’s 2019 Annual Conference is for you. Join chief executives, chairs, board members, directors, decision makers, industry professionals and government department officials to analyse current issues, share best practice, and look ahead to the future.
Delegate Costs (for full conference)
Non Member £460
CONFERENCE DINNER & ENTERTAINMENT
Don’t forget to take the opportunity to digest the day’s proceedings, mingle over a lovely meal and kick the evening’s networking off to a fantastic start at our Conference Dinner on Thursday night followed by a short entertainment show.
ACCOMMODATION – PLEASE QUOTE “NIF” WHEN BOOKING
- Please note that the City Hotel is fully booked for Thursday, 3rd October, Derry. There is still availability on Wednesday, 2nd October. Please book online, following these instructions. If you have any difficulties doing so, tel. 0287127870 or email email@example.com.
- Holiday Inn Express – enquiries to 07710715356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our Gold Sponsors, Danske Bank and EDG,
and to our Media Partner, 24 Housing.