NIFHA is among 29 of Northern Ireland’s leading civic society organisations which have issued a joint statement calling for the imminent potential disaster of a no deal Brexit to be prevented.
The statement was launched on Friday, 2nd August, at a gathering of a wide cross-section of civic society organisations from Northern Ireland’s business, trade union, community and voluntary, and farming sectors, held at the Headquarters of NICVA. The event was jointly organised by NICVA, the Confederation of British Industry (CBI,) the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU), and the Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU), collectively known as Concordia.
The joint Northern Ireland civic society statement reads as follows:
Northern Ireland’s leading civic society organisations representing business, trade unions, farming, and voluntary and community sector interests are calling for the imminent potential disaster of a no deal Brexit to be prevented.
A no deal Brexit would be hugely detrimental for Northern Ireland’s economic, social, and political well-being and future.
Northern Ireland civic society believes that a no deal Brexit must be prevented under any circumstances to avoid the major damage it would inflict to this and future generations in Northern Ireland.
The statement is supported by the following civic society organisations:
- Irish Congress of Trade Unions
- NICVA (Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action)
- Ulster Farmers’ Union
- Northern Ireland Retail Consortium
- Northern Ireland Freight Transport Association
- Women in Business NI Ltd
- The Community Foundation for Northern Ireland
- Mineral Products Association Northern Ireland
- Manufacturing NI
- Children in Northern Ireland
- Social Enterprise NI
- CBI Northern Ireland
- Community Organisations of South Tyrone and Areas (COSTA)
- NI Human Rights Consortium
- Parenting NI
- Newry and Mourne Enterprise Agency
- NI Youth Forum
- Northern Ireland Meat Exporters Association
- Northern Ireland Federation of Housing Associations (NIFHA)
- Northern Ireland Hotels Federation
- Foyle Port
- Londonderry Chamber of Commerce
- The Ashton Centre
- Retail NI
- Equality Coalition
- Newry Chamber of Commerce
- Causeway Chamber of Commerce
For further information contact Geoff Nuttall, NICVA, on 07785278928 .