NIFHA is committed to working with our members, the Department for Social Development, our members’ tenants and our key partners to help build safe, sustainable communities in Northern Ireland.
NIFHA considers the following to be the most important in ensuring our members can fulfil their vital role in successfully delivering a Housing Strategy for Northern Ireland:
- introduce a genuine multi-year Social Housing Development Programme with definitive funding and grant levels, including confirmation of current grant rates to 2015;
- confirmation of interest-free loan funding from the Get Britain Building scheme;
- a more collaborative and consistent commissioning approach for supported housing, including guaranteed revenue funding;
- protection for Supporting People and other vital funding streams;
- a different approach to measuring need and allocating homes to support more mixed and sustainable communities;
- funding to develop employment and training initiatives, coupled with changes to the way the sector is regulated to tackle worklessness;
- significantly increase and extend the budget for discretionary housing payments (DHPs)
- budget for debt advice and other financial inclusion services;
- independent, proportionate, risk-based and outcome-focused regulation for housing associations.